Questidea: Falling in the back of other people

Questidea: Falling in the back of other people

Postby Worsas » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm sure I had this idea written down somewhere already.

Falling in the back of other people

-One of the bear clan guys (Borhul?) will ask you to talk with him in privy. If you agree he will tell you about his plans to kill a certain other Nord in the village so you two can share that persons costly possession (a special claymore and gold) afterwards.

The plan is as follows: You will go to that nord and ask him for a meeting with the bear clan - nord at the northern village-gate to go hunting together. When that nord agrees, you will go with „the victim“ to that village gate to meet the bear clan guy. Then you will jointly walk up the road for a while. When you have taken some distance from the village, you two will turn upon the guy, kill him and rob him, hahaha.

-Everything happens as described in the plan. Only the end differs: When you have taken distance from the village, the two nords will laugh and tell you about their true plan of killing you instead. After that revelation they will both attack you (to get themselves killed and robbed, of course).

Re: Questidea: Falling in the back of other people

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:27 am

I like this idea.

Presumably the Bear Clan aren't best pleased when you get back to Karthgad alive though.
Tes96 wrote:By the Silver Caverns, what exactly is a heightmap?!

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Sorry for double post, but I had another idea.

Perhaps instead of being upset that you killed their member, the Bear Clan are actually quite impressed that you were able to fight off the ambush. They offer you another job - something they want done without it being traced back to them. If you complete the job you get a nice reward and if you're a Nord they even allow you to join the clan, which will give you some kind of minor but long-term benefit. Perhaps some free mead and a bed?

Postby Worsas » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 am

Sounds good, TDF.

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:45 pm

I would like to claim this quest.

I'm going to use Vorulf, who's the Breton who thinks he's a Nord. The Bear Clan find him irritating and an insult to their 'racial purity' or whatever, so they'll find it rather amusing that he bit off more than he could chew by targeting the PC. The 'victim' will be Hjorid, a guard in the Mead Hall.

I'll work on it like my Sacred East quest claim at TR. I'll have a separate esp loaded alongside SHotN_TheReach_NPC_Claim_1.esp. Any changes to existing objects, NPCS etc will be written down by me and can be done by whoever merges the quest into the main file.

I had an idea for the second quest, which is to steal a weapon from the thane of one of the neighbouring villages. The Bear Clan claims it is a heirloom of the clan stolen during the chaos of the War of Bendr'mak. Obviously I won't be making that quest now because the other villages haven't been built yet.

Postby Luxray » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Those ideas sound great! It's good to see some questings being made :D
Omnia In Nihil wrote:The colouring of rugs is always a complicated issue, as you have to find a balance between individual creativity and lore-friendliness.

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:27 am

Hooboy. Needless to say I'm not working on this any more, and haven't for a long time.

I didn't do a great deal of work on this, but if anyone's interested this is my latest file (from 21st Nov 2012, no less). I don't think it's clean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby Yeti » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:32 pm

I was completely unaware that you were working on this actually. I'll take a look at your file later.
Thane of NPCs for Skyrim: Home of the Nords

"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever" Napoleon Bonaparte

Return to Design